Thursday, May 25, 2017

Joy

I've thought a lot about what I'd write about this week.  It usually comes really easily to me.  And in fact there are a ton of things I could talk about this week.  I could write about how we've had some really tough days this week.....like really tough, or how Charlie seems to becoming more and more rigid in his routines and preferences as each day goes on.  I could write about how exhausted Tyler and I are, how confusing and frightening it is to get all our ducks in a row for an important meeting in a couple weeks (prayers are appreciated for this).  I could write about how frustrating it is when your picky eater suddenly has zero focus to eat and you're just worried about getting any sort of nutrition into him (bring on the smoothies!).  Or wondering how he'll get through the summer at daycare when he's having more and more meltdowns there each week. I could write about how defeating it is when you can't do seemingly simple family activities like playing games or going for a bike ride without it turning into a complete stress fest.  There is so much I could say.

And then there is this....

All 3 boys playing fetch with Sunny


Christian & Sunny

Sunny getting a lesson in mowing from Charlie


Instead of writing about the tough stuff today, I'm going to write about joy.  Because even after a tough couple of days, a tough night, my boy ended the night with joy.  Joy with Sunny and joy in being able to wind down in his crash pad watching a favorite cartoon while snuggling with mom.  Tomorrow may be hard too, but for right now.....just joy.





No comments:

Post a Comment